Asylum - Part 1

 Asylum

Asylum Part 1


While waiting for a new room box, I have started work on the hospital bed. I got a secondhand unfinished bed from eBay and have painted it to make it look old, tired and rusty. I plan to make an old mattress for it later.



Room box has arrived and I’ve started on it immediately. This time I applied the wallpaper and floor before gluing the walls together again with No More Nails. I am also using my baker’s turntable again.




I am thrilled already with how the walls and floor have turned out. I used print at home papers from Pixelmarket and attached with Modge Podge. I can’t believe how quickly it has taken shape and sparked my imagination. With the distressed bed in place, I like the effect and the vibe it’s giving off.


Working on the window. I have painted the frame white over a yellow coat and need to make it look more distressed. I have started work on making some bars for the window by cutting up thin dowels and painting them silver. I have also created the appearance of wired window by using rusty chicken wire effect from Pixelmarket. I printed it onto sticky vinyl and stuck it to the window ‘glass’.

I liked that effect so much I decided to add it to the bed and it looks amazing. Although I will be covering this up with a distressed mattress later.


I’ve been very busy this afternoon and made astonishing progress. I’ve finished the bars and attached them to the window. I love how it turned out. I added some ‘rust’ to the bars and accidentally knocked them whilst drying but it looked good with the gap as if someone tried to break out (or in?) so I kept it like that!

Do you like the little pile of leaves?

I spent some time dirtying up the filing cabinet and medicine shelf. There’s an old first aid box in there and some rusty medical equipment. I used Pixelmarket to create the smashed glass door. I rusted up some keys. We’ve got some dirty tissues and scrunched up newspaper and an old file. There’ some little syringes which I will make bloody later.




I painted up the door and added a little lock and key. What’s on the other side? I added some scratches and I think that looks really cool! I’ve also added some dirt, sand, soil and rocks to the floor using miniature scenery glue spray. I think it really adds something. Check out the used canister I gave a rusty make over to.


Comments