House of Horrors - Part 2

House of Horrors

 Continued from Part 1


Part 2

The plan is to make over each room as a horror scene. 

BEFORE

My ideas are as follows: Bottom left - Kitchen Bottom Right - Sitting Room Middle left - Bathroom Middle right - bedroom Top left - nursery and Top right - Mad Scientist's laboratory

I plan to include as many references to the horror genre as I can fit in!! This could be movies, TV shows or real life crime.

BEFORE


AFTER

This is going to be the revolting bathroom. Can you spot the first horror film reference?

Just a hint of axe....



I gathered up some tiny accessories to use in the house from my collection of bits. Whilst I was looking through my boxes I found an inordinate amount of tiny knives! Haha also a bloody butter knife.. what's that about!?!



Ladies and gentlemen.... Chhhhchhhoose your weapon...


This guy ended up in the tub with his rubber ducky! I loved making this. It took me aggggess but was totally worth it. I had to mix the resin with red pigment (sanguine - blood red) and then carefully layer it up in the bath. Inserting the skeleton and then carefully adding more layers around it. What do you think could have happened to him to end up like this?


There is now a mirror over the sink. Another fun make. I purchased the mirror from a little dolls house shop in Steyning and then dirtied it up. I then used a tiny piece of plastic to write on the mirror using red paint. The final effect is exactly what I wanted to achieve. 

Next, I add another little nod to the Shining movie by daubing REDRUM on the bedroom door. It worked so well that the reflection in the bedroom mirror shows you the real word 'murder'.. A simple little addition that worked so well.

I created a tiny working noose from a bit of string and hung it from the attic. I don't know if this will be the final spot, but for now it looks good. When I Googled 'how to make a noose' I had a warning from The Samaritans* to seek help urgently! This happens to be a lot in this line of work.. and sometimes I even scare myself. *if you need help, please ask for it.







Comments